Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Car Wash Season

So today...I HAD to do it. I had put up with our messy vehicle for as long as I could. It honestly looked like we live on a dirt road in the back woods. It was terrible. Its usually my hubby that does this...but today, it got the best of me!

I paid the machine, the barrier raised so I could move forward then I come to this track that I have to align the vehicle in, which I did. THEN....flashing at me are these lights that say,

- "put your car in neutral"
- "take your foot off of brake",
- "hands off of steering wheel."

Now I have been in a car wash before...but today...it really struck me. First of all, practically speaking, we are told to put the car in neutral, keep our feet off the break and hands off the steering wheel, cause this track is going to be leading us and pulling our vehicle thru the wash. Besides...once you get in there...there is so much going on around you you cannot see in front of you, to the sides or to the back. You wouldn't be able to do anything yourself if you WANTED to, cause you can't see!!

This was a wonderful word picture that the Lord spoke to me this morning. I've been in an interesting season and don't really understand all He is doing. Its difficult for a Type A, driven and "in control" person to not be in control and to not be moving herself somewhere. It is a little dis-orienting.

My husband and I have had MULTIPLE conversations of what God is doing...it's difficult not to know. It really is. But I trust Him. Just like I got into that car wash tunnel...I didn't worry about what all was going on around me, or where it was leading me...I knew I was going to come out on the other side and see even more clearly than I did when I went in. It was making things better!!

Proverbs 19:21 says "Many are the plans of man, but the Lord directs his steps". Or if you look at it in The Message it says "We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purposes prevails".

LOVE The Message. It is a blessing to know that GOD's purposes are going to prevail. As long as we continue to put our lives in neutral, take our feet off the break, and hands off the steering wheel...and let HIM lead or "drive us" so to speak.

We may not know where in the WORLD we're going or what in the world we are doing...but we trust him. We know HE knows what's going on.

I want to end this post with the words of a song by Jenn Johnson and Ian Mcintosh. It has really ministered to me today...and I pray it does you as well. When we can't see anything else...God is who we look to!!

God I Look to You
God I look to You, I won't be overwhelmed,
Give me vision, to see things like You do
God I look to You,You're where my help comes from,
Give me wisdom, You know just what to do
I will love you Lord my strength, I will love you Lord my shield
I will love you Lord my rock, forever all my days I will love you God!

Let HIM be who you look to today. May we all have the wisdom to trust Him and the vision to see our circumstances thru His eyes!!! Another pearl of purpose God is creating in me!! :)



2 comments:

jhand said...

Love that car wash analogy! Thanks for sharing that pearl. I pray that God will reveal clearly to you the direction that He is leading.
Blessings,
Julie

DeAnnaScott said...

such a great word Buffi~ your writings inspire me! Love you! DeAnna