Friday, February 25, 2011

What Do You Want Me To Do?!?!

As parents…we get the joys of watching our children grow up and develop into young men and women. It is incredibly exciting to me to see their personalities develop and their own likes and dislikes begin to form.

We see natural bents in them as far as natural abilities and talents and we encourage them to explore areas where they seem to be gifted and talented. But ultimately….we want them to pursue what will make them happy and fulfilled. It is such a blessing to see your child fulfilled and walking with purpose and direction.

I love it when they come and ask me for advice…ideas…thoughts…but ultimately…it’s up to them to walk out what their hearts desire is. God places a seed inside each one of us…a seed of destiny…and as parents, we help water and nourish that seed…but it is God that causes it to grow. What kind of seed that is will not be revealed until it begins to grow and form. But that seed germinates in our hearts and lives…and through it…our likes and dislikes, dreams and desires are formed.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot…because I’ve sort of been at a crossroads in my life. Turning 40 this year has me thinking a lot about my purpose and what God wants me to do. I SO desire to walk in HIS will and HIS plan…but what I have found myself doing in the last few years is become afraid to do anything…because I wanted it to be HIS plan…and nothing of my own.

I mean…doing HIS will is what my purpose is…and it is what is going to bring me fulfillment. But I keep asking him…Lord, what is it that you have put me here for…what do you want me to do?!?! I get NO ANSWER. I’ve been extremely frustrated because I end up doing nothing, for fear of doing the wrong thing.

That’s when God brought to me the parallel of a parent and child. As our children grow up…I cannot imagine them not being stirred with passion inside themselves for fear of wanting to do what we want them to do. I LOVE it that they would want to please us…but if they constantly waited to do anything until they knew what we wanted them to do…they would either do nothing…or not listen to the passion stir inside their own heart.

That’s what God has been speaking to me….He loves that I want to do His will…but He wants me to trust the seeds of passion and desire that he’s placed in my heart and move forward with what stirs my heart. That stirring is HIS leading. The things that evoke passion and tears in my heart is God’s way of leading me. I need to trust HIM on the inside of me.

I’m not sure if any of you feel the same way. But, I want to encourage you all…as I am encouraging myself…Trust His leading in your heart…Trust the passion and stirring…don't continually stand still waiting for an audible voice or someone to speak to you something specific to do. Move forward in faith on what evokes emotion and passion in you. Don’t minimize what you’re feeling because it’s what you want and desire. Are you not seeking His heart, and will? Then as you delight in him…as you are soft and pliable in him…He will give you the desires of your heart. Those desires…just might be from him…and just might be that little seed of destiny He’s placed inside you to grow and produce great fruit. Listen to your heart, and step out!!! Don’t be afraid. Cause what God wants you to do…He’s already placed inside you. Move with your passion and let God do the rest!!!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an awesome word Buffi!
Love, DeAnna

Anna Finley said...

This has to be one of the best post I've ever read. No doubt it's very uplifting and encouraging for all who read it. Thanks Buffi!- Anna Finley