Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Why "Pearls of Purpose?"

While I've made our family blog a more private blog...I wanted to continue blogging and sharing my faith and all that I learn through life. Why have I named this blog "Pearls of Purpose" you ask? Well...a few months ago, the Lord woke me up in the middle of the night and placed it on my heart to look up online "the formation of pearls". I thought it was SO ODD...to be up in the middle of the night looking this up. But I did and what I found really surprised me.

For years....I thought that "I" was the pearl that the Lord was creating as He was working on me to be all He created. But what I found was that WE are the oysters who have opportunity to create pearls with the bits of "sand and irritation" we experience in our lives. After all....that's what a pearl is....it begins as an irritant inside the muscle of the oyster. The oyster secretes "mother of pearl" to coat the "irritant" to prevent the pain or struggle from that irritant. It's this "mother of pearl" that makes the pearl so beautiful.

But what I find SO interesting is that God uses something SO ordinary....even aggravating...to create something beautiful. Isn't that how it is in our lives? God takes us to places where we are weak and allows us to experience things that might not be easy for US....but THROUGH HIM...they become less and less of irritants...and more beautiful through time. He gets so much of the glory that way when it's all about HIM, and nothing of ourselves!!

This is where the name of my new blog comes from..."Pearls of Purpose!" God knows what He is doing by placing each of us in the places we are. He's working HIS purpose in us, through our weaknesses.

I don't know about you...but I find my days are filled with little "irritants....weaknesses....struggles" and I want my thoughts to immediately go to what the Lord is teaching me and working in me. I hope that through my learning and growing....you may be encouraged and uplifted to know that we are really all in this together and can encourage one another by what each of us are learning in life!

Thanks for joining me on my new blog! I pray we can walk together through things.....and be there for one another through things. Then...on the other side...look back at all the beautiful jewels that God has created in our lives!!! What a way to start a new year....looking for what God is doing in each of life's seemingly insignificant struggles. But OH...how they aren't insignificant...they could just be the very thing that is going to make us shine!!!

I encourage you....look for the "pearls of purpose" in your life today!

11 comments:

Keisha said...

Oh.hhhOhh.. OHHH! I'm so excited it looks like I might be THE FIRST one to comment here! I'm all giddy!!
Buffi, I'm so thankful to be your friend & I'm so very proud of YOU!! I remember talking with you about this a few months back when God layed this on your heart..WOW! I just LOVE to see God work!! :)
I can not wait to read your post!
You have encouraged me to plunge forth in something God has been speaking to me about.. just haven't said anything about it.. actually been a little afraid! Thank you for being BOLD & not afraid to share what God is doing in your life!
Love you in Christ!
Keisha

Keisha said...

BTW... The blog looks Great.. With your pearls by your siggy.. and in the header.. once again.. Proud of you!! lol!
Hugs!
Keisha

Kim K. said...

I'm looking forward to following this blog too. It's a beautiful idea. Hugs.

Lisa Laree said...

Very Cool! Off to add this to the Bloglines feed... glad you're going to still maintain a public blog! ;)

Leisha said...

Oh my - this is exciting - glad to be getting in on the beginning - can't wait to see where it goes - btw - how did you get the pearls and pretty signature set up??
Love you girl!!

LeighAnne said...

Buffi,

What a wonderful post and something I needed to read so much. I have had some little "irritants" in my life lately and reading what you wrote put it into SO much perspective. I pray that God can fashion some beautiful "Pearls of Purpose" in my life. Thank you so much for sharing. I am excited to see what this blog will hold for you during the next year.

Love you!
LA

Adventures of the Gower Family said...

I am super excited about this new blog that you have started. I look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for us all this coming year. Here is another one that I know you will love.
plantingofthelord.blogspot.com

Praying for you,
Laura

Kimberly said...

Hi!
It is so nice to meet you! Thanks so much for coming by my place! And indeed, your post here goes right along with what had been on my heart! I am SOOOOOOO glad that He can truly work ALL things together for good...and not only for good, but even to produce beauty!

Your Sister Oyster in Christ,
K :)

Livin' out loud said...

WOW! I can't wait to see your follow ups to this...thanks for sharing this, it is certainly a great way to start the New Year and the week!!

Meredith Teagarden said...

That was a great post!

rwinkles said...

ok!!! I'm so lovin this! Thanks so much for sharing what God has laid on your heart. God is using you BIG time! I'm so glad He has brought us together. Love you bunches!